Monday, February 16, 2009

Beatriz Milhazes

Loving dots as I do, I'm a big fan of the colorful work of Brazilian artist Beatriz Milhazes (b. 1960). I'm excited to learn about a forthcoming book about her, due out in March 2009. The publisher is The Fondation Cartier, and the cover price will be approximately $40.00.

EgoDesign.CA ("the first Canadian webzine dedicated to global design") recently published a nicely illustrated article titled Beatriz Milhazes: Natural Forms + Rigorous Geometry by Linda Chenit.

The James Cohan Gallery represents her in NYC.

There's a second book forthcoming book listed on Amazon. . . although it could be the same as the first one I mentioned. It's worth a look to be enticed by books about two other artists: Rex Ray (who I'm already familiar with) and Tord Boontje (who I'm not). Life is a tangent!

No comments: