Monday, December 1, 2008

Larry Jordan's Collage Animation

My latest Netflick is Disc 1 of The Lawrence Jordan Album. The description mentioned animated collages so I figured it would be right up my alley and so it is! I tried to watch it last night with a friend who is not "into animation" and stopped it before the end. I need to watch it alone. There were a couple that really grabbed me, and a couple of others that seemed too long. So far my preference is for the ones accompanied by soothing classical music. I have found three good sources of information on Jordan: Bright Lights Film Journal has a nice article by Garry Morris, Canyon Cinema has an annotated list of over 40 Jordan films, and Animation World Network has Jackie Leger's illustrated tribute which mentions the numerous artists who have inspired Jordan's "fantastic landscapes of the mind."

No comments: