Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Breaking Through Non-Creativity


It's been a while. I have been suffering from non-creativity among other things But I recently re-discovered a wonderful book on my shelf: Everyday Osho: 365 Daily Meditations for the Here and Now. Now if, as the title suggests, one is supposed to read only one Meditation a day, I have blown it. For I gulped this book down in two sittings, taking time to mark a few passages that immeasurably moved me so as to easily locate them again:

103. MAKING A PATH - "When there has been a breakthrough, make it a point to relive it again and again. Just sitting silently, remember it; don't just remember it, relive it."

121. DARKNESS - "Don't try to fight with the darkness. There is no way, because the darkness does not exist--how can you fight with it? Just light a candle and the darkness is gone."

170. SADNESS - "When sad, be really sad, sink into sadness. What else can you do? Sadness is needed. . . Accept it, and you will see that the moment you accept sadness, it starts becoming beautiful."

These are just three among many. But the one that really helped me understand creative break-through was this:

257. THE FALSE AND THE TRUE - "You have nothing to compare false love to unless the real happens, so when meditation starts, the illusory love by and by dissipates, disappears. Don't be disheartened, and don't make disappointment a permanent attitude. If someone is a creator and meditates, all creativity will disappear for the time being. . . The false will disappear and that's a basic condition for the real to appear. The false. . . must vacate you completely; only then are you available for the real."

I think I did just fine. I was just making up for so much lost time.

1 comment:

MrCachet said...

I welcomed your comment on using PS to increase white space. I don't have PS, but I do have GIMP which is freeware but basically the same functionality. I need to contact my GIMP tutor however, and being 18, she knows quite a bit about it - I take copious notes! And the visual artist's writer's block? I get it -usually right after I've worked hard on a project6 and I'm satisfied with the results. It's really tough to get back into a groove after giving it all for something totally different.