Wednesday, February 15, 2012

New Markers


I ordered office supplies from Staples, and with my $25. off coupon I got new 36-color Bic markers! I wanted to get the big expensive Coptic set from Dick Blick but if I did I would probably feel that I had to save it until I got better at drawing. I have a terrible habit of hoarding art supplies in that manner.


These were done on high-gloss Xerox printer paper which I hate for printing so I was pleased with myself for finding another use for it. With the markers there is none of the customary "bleed" on this type of paper which I initially disliked. But it is nice to have more control and a finer line once the adjustment is made. I boosted the contrast in Photoshop because the colors seem much less vibrant. I need to break out some of the lovely Arches watercolor paper I have stashed away!

No comments: