Wednesday, March 17, 2010

White Boxes on Black - Finished


11.5 x14 inches. Epson printed elements and Thai Unryu over white acrylic paint on black Caslon Mi-Teintes paper. I guess I should call this one done. I have my name on it so I should leave it alone now and start working on something else. There's still something that bothers me about it, aside from the fact that I don't have a black mat to fit it. I had to scan it in two sections.

I think I like either of the two sections better than the whole. If I could find a smaller mat to fit a section, I could crop it but the voice says: "Anita, let it be and move on!"


The elements and unryu have been adhered with Golden's gloss medium. I have left most of the surface uncoated. This is a bit of a departure from my usual technique of complete coverage. I was going to coat both sides of the paper completely and then mount the whole thing to a gessoed board but I changed my mind.

No comments: