Thursday, January 15, 2009

Steve Earle and Tony Fitzpatrick

Back in Beverly when I used to tape off the radio, my favorite station (which only came in late at night) played some great music by Guy Clark, Townes Van Zandt and Steve Earle. I've just learned that Earle is a Tony Fitzpatrick fan.

The cover art of nine or so of his music CD's are Fitzpatrick collages. There is I Feel Alright (1996) with snakes and flowers; El Corazon (1997) with a Mexican Loteria heart; The Mountain (1999) with magnolia; Transcendental Blues (2000) with a black tulip; Side Tracks (2002) with a star; Jerusalem (2002) with snake; Just an American Boy (2003) with a bird; Revolution Starts. . . Now (2004) with a star; Washington Square Serenade (2007) with a flowered dog; and for die hard vinyl fans, The Mountain will be released as an LP record on January 20th.

And a bit more Tony Fitzpatrick trivia. I read he had a part in Jonathan Demme's 1993 film Philadelphia. It's now #1 in my Netflix queue! (Update 22 Jan. 2009: He plays a bartender.)

No comments: