Thursday, October 22, 2009

Beverly, Mass. - Part I

I was born in Beverly, Massachusetts and lived in my parent's house on Cabot Street until age 5.


The house was a stone's throw away from the Salem-Beverly Bridge. The next view is the "down town" area of Cabot Street.


I moved back to Beverly in 1976 and lived briefly in a 3rd floor apartment on Broadway before moving to a small cape on Essex Street where I lived until I moved to New Hampshire in 1996.

My house on Essex Street was right down the street from the Beverly Public Library where I first began my self-education in art.

The old high school across the street from the library was part of North Shore Community College and I had signed up for an adult education course in greeting card illustration there. Unfortunately, the teacher became ill so the course was cancelled.

2 comments:

Mikel O'Brien said...

Terrific postcards! Thanks for sharing some of your personal history, too!

AnitaNH said...

Thanks, Mikel. I'm having fun looking at them.

I just noticed some kind of band around all of the trees in the first photo. Maybe trying to save them from Dutch Elm disease?