Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Piano Girl


Here is an old photo from my curio cabinet. It was found inside the used player piano that my folks purchased so I could have lessons back in sixth grade.


You can see her in my banner photo for this blog, along with this other old photo:


It's funny that I never noticed how her cheeks were tinted pink until viewing the enlarged scan!


Here's a view of the back of the photo:


Her name has been written in pencil: Kate Lewis, maybe. I can't quite make it out.

2 comments:

MrCachet said...

Do you have any of the old music rolls for the piano? I would think they'd make marvelous collage material.

AnitaNH said...

No, I wish I did, but I remember drawing on one of them. The popular ones had lyrics on them so you could sing along, but there was one dramatic classical piece, Dance of the Demons, without words so I illustrated it!