Thursday, October 15, 2009

Blog Action Day 2009


Blog Action Day is an annual event held every October 15 that unites the world’s bloggers in posting about the same issue on the same day with the aim of sparking discussion around an issue of global importance. This year the issue is: Climate Change. Blog Action Day 2009 could be the largest-ever social change event on the web.

I just learned about this from ephemera. It's already 5:14 in the afternoon and the deadline pressure is on. Can I think of something constructive? I'm technically not supposed to say anything. My rule is I have to collage about it to talk about it. Too late, I'm already typing. So I'm going to look at it from both sides (making the gross simplification that there are only two, for and against) in lieu of a thoughtfully designed illustration. Here goes. First I'll say something for it:
Am I the only sane person for Climate Change? Nothing can stay the same, especially when you want it to. Learn to love your climate, whatever it does. Mine's getting a little cold right now but it still looks pretty. Think about what actions could contribute to positive Climate Change. I'm going to plant a tree.
Now I'll say something against it:
Not only am I against Climate Change, I am against change, period, end of sentence. This negative attitude regarding change in general is maturity onset. I've been around long enough to recognize the pattern: things do not change for the better. Therefore it is better not to. It's the reason I'm living here.

No comments: