Friday, November 13, 2009

Little Scenic Views of N.H. - Part II.

Here's the second installment (check out the first installment here) of my little New Hampshire photos measuring 1.75 x 2.75 inches. Each one is numbered on the back in pencil.


No. 11 - Flume Cascade, White Mountains, N.H.



No. 12 - Ammonoosuc Upper Falls



No. 13 - Lower Ammonoosuc Falls, White Mountains, N.H.



No.14 - Echo Lake, Franconia Notch, N.H.



No. 15 - 42. The Flume, White Mountains, N.H.



No. 16 - Eagle Cliff, Franconia, N.H.



No. 17 - Indian Head Camping Ground, White Mountains



No. 18 -Glen Ellis Falls, White Mountains, N.H.



No. 19 - Mt. Willey, Crawford Notch, N.H.


I think my favorite from this group is the shot of the old Indian Head Camping Ground. Those tents behind the automobile remind me of the ones we used to sleep out in at Camp Paradise with the Girl Scouts. They leaked in the rain, blew down in the middle of the night, and make todays ultra-light improvements seem like nothing short of a miracle!

Another interesting detail is the appearance of the numerals 42. on what was marked No. 15. I guess this is a portion of a larger set of images. Happy to be part of this Postcard Friendship Friday!

8 comments:

viridian said...

Once again, beautiful waterfalls. I like the camping image too.

MrCachet said...

I like the flume simply because it looks like - a flume! How many years do you think it took Mother Nature to carve her way through that solid rock?

LiT Web Studio said...

this are stunning images...absolutely lovely. my favourites are the waterfalls - i just love the blurred effect of a long exposure on the moving water. thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I also like the flume...and the camping ground, but they're all wonderful images. Thanks!

Snap said...

Wonderful old images. What a find! Thanks so much. Happy PFF

AnitaNH said...

There is a wonderful book called "Waterfalls of the White Mountains: 30 Hikes to 100 Waterfalls" by Bruce and Doreen Bolnick. I have the first edition. A second edition is now available.

Postcardy said...

I think the old camping ground is most interesting.

Aimee said...

Very pretty cards!