Monday, November 10, 2008

The Dot and The Line

Thinking about school filmstrips reminded me of one of my all-time favorite short films and books: "The Dot and The Line" by Norton Juster. I couldn't get enough of the animated version. As children's librarian in Topsfield, Mass. I frequently borrowed the 16mm film from the Boston Public Library to show as an after-school short-feature. I recently found a copy of the hardcover book at the dump. As soon as I saw it I realized it had been my first exposure to the collage technique. What a big influence it has made on my collage work!

2 comments:

Beverly Kaye said...

Anita:
Thanks for reminding me about this film/book. Perfect to share with my grandkids! The image you use is very appealing! Good job!

Beverly Kaye said...

I was referring to your new image at the top of your blog! That wasn't too clear in the last e-mail!