Saturday, November 1, 2008

Feng Shui Mishaps at the Library

Two of my latest pieces, both combinations of collage and acrylic painting, are part of "The Art Group" show now through December 5th at the Gafney Library. They are spin-offs (I'm not sure if I actually like that term) of one of my earliest collages, "Feng Shui Mishap No. 20" . The first, "Feng Shui Mishap No. 665" (8x10 inches) is pictured above. It was done more or less as a study. I figured I'd start with a little corner first, and if that worked out OK, I'd go for the whole thing.

The second piece (16x20 inches) is called "Avaricious Transgressor (Feng Shui Mishap No. 666)". I have to admit that I surprised myself with this one, and although that big red cross in the middle started feeling like a big mistake, by the time I finished I was glad I kept it there. I went slowly, learned a lot in the process, and even managed to sneak in a few dots!

No comments: